Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pageant Sash

Hello all!

I hand-embroidered a pageant sash for a costume. One side says Magnolia Queen (for the costume) and the other side says "Birthday Girl." The costume was a Southern Belle Pageant Queen for a Murder Mystery Dinner Party set in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Since I'm new at the whole embroidery thing, I used a basic split stitch for the embroidery (Magnolia Queen in purple floss and Birthday Girl in red, on white satin with silver glitter on it). If I had a chance to do it again, I would have put the letters closer together, since the words were so long.

Below: a close-up of the split stitch in progress

Below: one of the letters outlined with disappearing ink. It actually disappeared cleanly about 18 hours after I marked the lines, despite the fact that the fabric was white.

Below: me in costume and "Magnolia Queen" sash

Below: Hubby and me, after I flipped the sash to the "Birthday Girl" side

Sorry the close-up pictures were so fuzzy. I didn't think about it until later that I should probably take pictures of the process for the new blog.

I think it turned out rather well for my first real embroidery project.

Hugs and kittens,
Stina

No comments:

Post a Comment